A summer side-dish or part of an hors d’oeuvres, tasty and tangy.
Ingredients for 4-6 servings
Four sweet peppers (one each of green, red, yellow and orange)
2 tbsp salad oil (olive or sunflower according to your taste)
2 tsp white wine vinegar
2 des-spoons capers (optional)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (optional)
Salt and pepper
1. Heat grill to High
2. Put your thumb in centre of each pepper and pull out core with seeds
3. Gently open the peppers and press them as flat as possible
4. Put on a baking tray under grill, shiny side (the outside) upwards
5. Grill until each pepper is blackened and blistery all over. (You will probably have to turn them round a bit during the grilling)
6. Remove and let cool
7. Gently remove all the char-grilled skin from the peppers with fingers and sharp knife.
8. Slice each pepper quite thinly and arrange by colour in a shallow dish
9. Mix oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small jug or cup and pour over the peppers
10. Serve as they are or, sprinkle over the capers and finely chopped garlic.